4 STEPS TO GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS
1. APPLY A RICH BODY OIL OR LOTION
There are number of in the market which have been formulated to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks and even out skin tone.
NIVEA’s 4 in 1 Firming Body Oil, not only helps nourish dehydrated and crepe skin, it firms skin in 2 weeks, evens skin tone and reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
Of if you prefer the feeling of a body lotion, NIVEA’s Q10 Rich Firming Body Lotion also improves skin firmness within two weeks, leave skin feeling tighter and intensely nourishes the skin.
2. KEEP HYDRATED
Keeping hydrated is essential for maintaining your skin’s strength and renewable properties. It also ensure that the skin maintains elasticity and stay supple as possible. This puts you in the right direction in making sure you get rid of stretch marks.
3. TRY HOMEMADE REMEDIES FOR STRETCH MARKS
- Sugar Scrub - Make your own sugar scrub by adding almond oil to sugar and rubbing it into the affected area. This can help will speed up the renewal of skin cells to help stretch marks fade faster.
- Olive Oil - Rubbing warm olive oil on to stretch marks will improve circulation and reduce stretch marks. If you’d prefer to use a specific body oil, try NIVEA 4 in 1 Firming Body Oil.
- Egg Whites - Whipped egg whites are rich in protein and amino acids, making them perfect for treating stretch marks. Apply to the affected area, let it dry and then wash off.
- Lemon Juice - The citric acid in lemon juice is perfect for improving skin suffering from stretch marks. Massage the juice from freshly-squeezed lemons into the affected area and wash it off with warm water.
4. EAT THE RIGHT FOODS
Having the right diet can have a great impact on your skin. Eating foods that are rich in vitamin E and C, zinc and silica, helps to form collagen and maintain the elasticity and strength of your skin. Load your diet full of foods such as:
- Kale and other leafy greens
- Oily fish
- All vegetables
5. EXERCISES TO GET RID OF STRETCH MARK
The right exercises can also help reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Try these exercises will help to strengthen and tone your muscles and the skin around stretch mark problem areas:
Exercise for Chest and Core Stretch marks
- Begin in a plank position with your hands under your shoulders and hold for a few seconds.
- Twist your torso towards the ceiling and raise one hand above your head. Your ankles will naturally roll over to stack on top of one another.
- Hold for a few seconds and return to plank position
- Complete two sets of 15 repetitions on each side
Exercise for Hips and Thighs Stretch marks
- Get down on all fours and extend your right leg straight out to the side.
- Lift your right leg and slowly make small circle movements. Try to keep your hips as still as possible.
- Complete a total of 10 circles going forward, followed by 10 circles going backwards. Switch legs.
Exercise for Glute Stretch marks
- Lie on your back and bend your knees at 90 degrees with your feet on the floor.
- Extend your right leg about 10 cm off the floor and flex your foot.
- Lift your hips, hold for 3 seconds, then lower hips.
- Repeat two sets of 10 repetitions on each side.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.