HOW TO BALANCE AN OILY T-ZONE
A consistent routine that cleanses, exfoliates and moisturises effectively without being too harsh will help combination skin obtain greater balance and look radiant and healthy. Normal or combination skin will stay healthy for a long time if it is cleansed and moisturised properly, allowing it to look and feel fresh every day.
Try these tips for combination skin care:
- Avoid Soaps - Soaps damage the skin’s natural protective layer. Try using cleansing products that don’t contain soap.
- Moisturise Wet Skin - Wet skin can absorb a moisturising formula more easily: try to apply your moisturiser to damp skin. Apply NIVEA Creme, which contains light hydro waxes which moisturise your skin intensively without making it feel greasy.
- Sun Protection - As with the skin on your face, normal & combination skin on your body has to be protected from the sun, as UV rays speed up the ageing process. The skin loses its elasticity, becomes dry, rough and develops wrinkles. NIVEA Protect & Moisture Caring Sunscreen Spray SPF30 can help protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Try an Exfoliate - Skin exfoliating creams and gels gently remove impurities and dead skin cells for a radiant, smooth complexion. Exfoliation stimulates cell renewal and increases blood circulation on the surface layers of the skin. The result is a luminous, glowing complexion.’
- Use a Light Moisturiser - Rapidly absorbing, light moisturising cream is ideal for combination skin care. NIVEA’s Express Hydration Body Lotion has been specially developed for the needs of normal & combination skin.
Will you always have combination skin?
RESTORE YOUR SKIN’S BALANCE
Balancing act no. 1: cleansing
Your daily skin cleansing poses a particular challenge: the T-zone needs to be gently cleared of oil, to avoid pimples and blackheads, whilst the drier skin areas must not lose any moisture. Daily Essentials Refreshing Cleansing Lotion from NIVEA is ideal for this. It’s important that you do not cleanse your skin more than twice a day – once in the morning and once at night. Otherwise, the sensitive skin areas will dry out even more.
Tip: use a gentle wash gel such as NIVEA Daily Essentials Refreshing Facial Wash Gel It will cleanse thoroughly and prevent irritation. Afterwards, tone the sebaceous T-zone in particular with a facial toner like NIVEA’S Daily Essentials Refreshing Face Toner, which maintains the skin’s natural moisture balance.
The problem you need to solve when caring for combination skin is making sure that the areas with oily skin are not made too greasy. And the areas with dry skin need plenty of moisture.
Tip: make sure you use a light day cream with a low oil content and apply it more sparingly to the t-zone. It is essential that the cream has a moisturising effect but is light at the same time. Of course, you can use the same cream for both zones. But make sure you choose a cream which is tailored specifically to your skin type. For the eye area, you should opt for an eye cream specially developed for this sensitive area.
Balancing act no. 3: a reward for the skin
Treat your skin to an exfoliating scrub once or twice a week, such as Daily Essentials 2 in 1 Face Wash & Scrub from NIVEA. A gentle product will prevent skin irritation and avoid feelings of tightness. Concentrate primarily on treating your T-zone, in order to remove excess sebum and reduce the skin’s shine. You can also include a steam bath in your beauty routine if you have an oily t-zone: it will open up the pores and release the oils contained in the skin. Afterwards, always provide your skin with enough moisture.
A moisturising mask allows your skin to breathe
What’s more, soothing masks are really easy to make yourself. A lemon and yoghurt mask has a slight purifying effect and can be applied to the entire face. The yoghurt moisturises the dry skin without making it too oily.
Tips for combination skin
- Home recipe: soak a cotton pad in a mixture of freshly brewed tea with milk. Then gently rub your face with it. The tannins in the tea soothe inflammation, whilst the milk softens the skin.
- Regularly book yourself into a beauty salon. Getting your skin cleansed professionally will refine its appearance in the long term.
MAKE-UP FOR COMBINATION SKIN
Create the right foundation
Tailor your make-up to your skin type
Set and matt
Beautiful skin with a BB cream
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.