COMMON CAUSES OF ITCHY ARMPITS
If we listed every cause of itchy armpits, we would be here all day. This shallow area of skin between our shoulder joints is warm, dark, regularly damp, and constantly trying to grow new hairs. So, the list of things that can go wrong is a long one.
Here, we’ll take a look at the most common ones. They include:
- Hygiene problems – Because of the environment under our arms, our armpits are like a Petri dish for bacteria. If it’s possible to spend a little more time on hygiene in the area, it’s really worth trying. Bacteria is an irritant and is one of the biggest causes of underarm itchiness.
- Ineffective shaving – Shaving without cream, with a dull razor, or even too often, can all cause itchy bumps to form under the arms.
- External irritants – Many people are sensitive to the chemical ingredients in things like laundry detergents and deodorants.
TIPS TO TREAT ITCHY ARMPITS
- Changing your laundry detergent
- Wearing clothing that is loose-fitting and allows the armpits to breathe
- Avoiding shaving the underarms for a while
- Learn proper shaving techniques for underarms
- Using cold and hot compresses
- Applying soothers, like aloe vera, tea tree oil, or calamine lotion
DEODORANT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN
NIVEA Silk Touch antiperspirant, for example, is a quick drying formula, enriched with ultra-light Kaolin powder. It provides a dry, silky smooth feeling to the skin, while effectively protecting against sweating and odour all day long.
Something neutral like NIVEA Repair & Care Body Lotion can help to sooth irritated skin. This gentle lotion provides 48-hour relief from dry skin, and strengthens the skin barrier to prevent moisture loss.
If you are looking for an effective yet mild deodorant spray for men you can try an anti-perspirant like the NIVEA MEN Protect & Care Anti-Perspirant Spray which provides you with 48 hour sweat protection without causing irritations.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.