As we age, many things start to change.
TIPS FOR LOOKING YOUNGER AT 40
OUR TOP THREE TIPS FOR LOOKING YOUNGER AT 40
- Maintain a daily skincare regime with an anti-ageing day cream that contains Q10 and creatine to replenish your skin.
- Apply a hydrating anti-aging cream at night to boost your skin’s natural hydration levels.
Your skin is more receptive to moisture at night and an anti-aging moisturiser can help to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while you sleep.
We recommend NIVEA’s Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Night Face Cream.
- Increase your water consumption, and decrease intake of diuretics like caffeine and alcohol, to help restore decreasing hydration levels.
THE TWO MOST NOTICEABLE SKIN CHANGES IN YOUR FORTIES
Your skin might start to frustrate you in your forties. That’s why we’ve highlighted the two most common changes your skin will go through. Knowledge is power!
- Moisture levels – in your forties, your skin finds it harder to retain moisture, and that’s when wrinkles can start to form.
- Active ingredient levels – Q10 and creatine occur naturally in your skin, but their levels will likely start to decrease from around the age of 40.
TIPS FOR LOOKING YOUNGER AT 50
OUR TOP SEVEN TIPS FOR LOOKING YOUNGER AT 50
- Cleanse your face every morning and night with a gentle cleanser
- Steer clear of harsh exfoliants.
- Always follow with a caring moisturiser while your face is still damp to increase the amount of moisture your skin absorbs.
- A moisturiser rich in creatine, magnolia bark extract and hyaluronic acid, like NIVEA’s Cellular Anti-Age Day Cream with SPF15 is a superb option.
- Keep up your weekly masks for deep hydration.
- Place cold cucumber slices on your eyes when you can.
- They have a natural anti-inflammatory quality and can reduce puffiness and wrinkles.
THE THREE MOST NOTICEABLE SKIN CHANGES IN YOUR FIFTIES
Your body and skin go through a number of changes in your fifties. Look out for the three most common changes so you can be prepared:
- Menopause – most women go through menopause between the ages of 47 and 53 it can result in some adverse effects on the skin.
- Blood circulation – your skin can become quite dry as blood circulation decreases.
- Skin density – you might notice that your skin has lost some of its density and structure, which can cause more wrinkles to appear.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.