Shea butter is the creamy extract from the shea nut of the shea tree, which grows in Africa. It has been used in Africa for many years to improve the strength and shine of skin and hair.
Shea butter is a super ingredient for the skin. It contains high natural levels of vitamin A and E that have many healing properties.
Like regular butter, shea butter melts at body temperature leaving the skin with a smooth and soft feeling. It contains a complex of different lipids, essential fatty acids and nutrients necessary for collagen production and supports the barrier function of the skin.
Shea butter’s properties provide many benefits for our skin, including:
- Moisturising: The healing vitamins and natural fatty acids in shea butter means that it is incredibly nourishing and moisturising for our skin. It is soothing to apply to dry skin and will help protect the skin’s natural oils from seeping out.
- Smoothing: Shea butter supports the skin’s natural collagen production and works to nourish the skin to prevent it from drying out. It helps to soften and strengthen the skin and can even help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Shea butter is a very versatile natural ingredient in skin care. It can be used to
- Moisturise the face and body
- Remedy dry lips, hands and feet
- Improve skin elasticity
- Replenish burnt skin after sunburn
- Prime your face before applying make-up
- Soften nails and cuticles
NIVEA’s Irresistibly Smooth Body Lotion intensively moisturises your skin and delivers a 24-hour irresistibly smooth skin feeling.
This indulgent formula is enriched with, shea butter and Hydra IQ to provide the perfect combination for beautiful silky smooth skin. It works to soften and nourish your skin and enhance your skin's natural moisturisation.
NIVEA’s In-Shower Smooth Body Lotion has all the indulgent qualities of NIVEA’s Irresistibly Smooth Body Lotion. The special fragrance is full of dreamy vanilla notes, which linger long after the shower. Meanwhile, the delicate floral bouquet of precious white musk and sandalwood leaves the skin feeling positively pampered from day to night.
Shea butter isn’t just great for your skin! NIVEA’s new range of lip butters contain hydrating Shea Butter and Almond Oil to moisturise and protect lips from drying out.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.